Thank you for your interest in joining ELF sitters. To apply to join our team, please fill in the below application form. Once received we will be in contact to discuss vacancies.
Important information you should read before applying
- Do you have proven child care experience?
- Can you provide three references?
- Do you have a recent DBS or are you registered on the update service? If the answer is no you will be required to apply for a DBS before you are able to join our team. (we can provide this service for you, we do not charge for this service but the applicant is liable for all disclosure charges, we will advise of current costs at time of interview)
- Do you have your own transport? All of our ELF’s must be a driver and be able to get to and from bookings without relying on public transport and lifts to and from a booking.
- Minimum age requirement. Due to insurance purposes we are unable to register anyone who is under 18 years of age.
If you are successful with your application you will be required to attend an interview. We will require you to provide originals and photocopies of any relevant certificates that you hold, DBS checks and Identification (photographic and postal) when attending interview.
Upon a successful interview, we will contact your references and subject to a satisfactory result we will invite you to join our team of sitters. You will then be sent a contract to read and sign. Once this is received we will be able to send you bookings in your area.
Once registered, we will send you booking requests via text to your mobile phone. You are not required to accept every booking that you receive; just let us know your availability by return text.
ELF sitters is an introduction agency for sitter and families who are registered with us.
Our busiest evenings are Friday and Saturday nights. While we do not expect you to be available to work every weekend, it will limit the bookings that we can offer you if you only have limited weekend availability.
Reliability is crucial for all our sitters. You will be required to honour any bookings you have accepted unless severe circumstances prevent you from attending. It is your responsibility to contact ELF sitters immediately if this is the case. Should you fail to inform us and not attend a booking you will be responsible for any compensation due the family for non-attendance.
Although we anticipate being able to offer you several bookings per month we cannot guarantee hours, especially if you are unable to work Friday and Saturday nights.
You will be paid an hourly rate for the hours that you work, with a minimum charge of three hours. The families will pay you directly in cash and your service will be classed as self-employed. ELF sitters will not take a percentage of your earnings or require any payments for you to be registered with us. Instead, we insist that all bookings from families we have introduced you to come through the office. Upon joining ELF sitters we will require you to sign a legally binding contract to this effect.
If a family specifically ask for you we will always try you first. Wherever possible we prefer families to have the same sitters to cover their bookings.