ELF sitters is a babysitting and mobile crèche service. We have an extensive database of experienced and professional child carers registered with us who are waiting to help with your child care needs.
All our ELF sitters go through a careful vetting process before becoming registered with us. They all must have proven childcare experience and preferably have professional childcare qualifications such as an NNEB or NVQ qualification.
We do have a few sitters who are currently studying childcare at college or university or who have at least 3 years’ experience babysitting, but do not hold a professional qualification. Usually in these circumstances they are more mature sitters and are often parents themselves.
All our sitters must meet the minimum below criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have their own transport or be able to get to and from bookings independently
- Be able to provide checkable childcare experience and be able to provide at least two references which can be taken up by ELF sitters. (These are available to view, please give 5 days’ clear notice prior to a booking to allow for postal delivery if this is required)
- A current CRB check (for all new sitters from Jan 2008)
- Practical knowledge of first aid and relevant experience with children of different ages.
If a new application meets the above criteria they are then formally interviewed face to face to assess their suitability and also so identity and qualification checks can be made.